ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone have research linking vaccines to ASD?

http://vaxtruth.org/2013/09/why-all-the-measles-outbreaks/:

* 70 published studies showing the link between vaccines & autism. There have only been 14 studies that disprove the link. Those 14 studies have been proven flawed. You can read about those flawed studies (HERE):

http://www.fourteenstudies.org/studies.html

I will be completely honest - no flames please (although I think y'all are on the same page as me). I was a vax skeptic when my kids were born. I did not allow the hep vax to be given in the hospital. One of the nurses told me that I could get her fired if I did not give it to my kids. I told her that is not my problem!! My kids are my responsibility!! At our ped's office I had them on a VERY delayed schedule. 1 shot a year. I had a pediatrician come at me with threats that i was harming my kids and I should be locked up!

At 6 years old my kids have had dTAP, polio, prevnar, HepA, HepB and HIB - no boosters for any of these except the dTAP. So maybe in total 7 shots each. I stopped vaxing completely when they were 4 years old. I have to write a religious exemption for every school they attend.

Ok so fast forward, I now have one kid with PANDAS. Our integrative MD (dr. Tasneem Bhatia - google her) told me straight faced that I saved my son from autism. She said that if i had continued with the vax's he would have regressed and gone further "on the spectrum".

Our new Dr. (Bradstreet) studies both Autism and PANDAS extensively and has proof that autism is also immune system based. He showed me some complex diagram about how these macrophages from the mother get into the child in utero and take up residence in the child's brain. He lost me after that point but I know that macrophages kill infections and are an integral part of the immune system.

Vaccines create artificial heightened responses from the immune system not including all the preservatives and heavy metals that are toxic to the body. This combination given to a child who is already VULNERABLE from birth can cause the perfect storm of reactions thus creating an environment for neurological damage to occur.

I look at it as I saved my son.

Edited by cara615

Not to mention that we now have a generation who have no natural immunity to infectious disease, only vaccine immunity, which does not last. I just read a study that mothers who were vaccinated do not pass their vaccine immunity on to their babies while breast feeding, unlike women who had the diseases and developed natural immunity. That puts infants at greater risk since they are completely unprotected at a very vulnerable time. Kids not allowed to have their immune systems develop through "practice" of having communicable diseases have immune systems that do not work like our generation. This is one of the reasons why we see the explosion of chronic illness with children these days. It makes sense to me.

Yes!!! That is him! i am impressed that you read his blog. how did you find him?

I found him a couple years ago researching DD's ASD-like behaviours, which started with the 15 month MMR vaccine, increased with PANDAS symptoms and have resolved with antibiotic treatment for lyme/bartonella and now herbal treatment for protozoa/viruses. GcMaf has been used by a couple of prominent lyme bloggers as well.

I always found his treatments to be intriguing, GcMaf, stem cells etc - He knows it's the immune system that is being impacted in our children. I hope he has your answer.

• 2 weeks later...

An article linking aluminum adjuvants in vaccinations to ASIA (Autoimmune Inflammatory Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants).

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/new-autoimmunity-syndrome-linked-aluminum-vaccines

"Shaw reported on his research on mice injected with aluminum doses equivalent to those in vaccine injections. They showed progressive loss of muscle strength and endurance, and at the cellular level, "profound loss of motor neurons."

He and other researchers also demonstrated "social interaction deficits" and elevated anxiety levels among the vaccinated mice, reflected by their obsessive stair climbing and reluctance to move between light and dark regions compared to controls, for example. Shaw's forthcoming research demonstrates the impact of aluminum on gene proteins and gene expression and how these relate to autism."

• 4 months later...

A link to an article discussing Seneff's findings on the interaction of metals used as adjuvants in vaccines, glyphosate (RoundUp) and low sulphate intake:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/08/heavy-metals-glyphosate-health-effects.aspx

Glyphosate and aluminum can be viewed as "partners in crime," working synergistically with one another. This partnership plays out in several ways:

1. First, glyphosate preferentially kills beneficial bacteria in the gut, which allows pathogens such as C. difficile to overgrow. Not only does this lead to leaky gut syndrome, but C. difficile produces something called p-Cresol, a phenolic compound that is toxic to other microbes via its ability to interfere with metabolism. (C. difficile is one of only a few bacteria able to ferment tyrosine into p-Cresol.) As it happens, p-Cresol also promotes aluminum uptake by cells. P-Cresol is a known biomarker for autism and is also an important factor in kidney failure,which leads to aluminum retention in tissues and eventually to dementia.
  2. Glyphosate also serves to increase aluminum toxicity by "caging" aluminum to promote its entry into the body. Glyphosate promotes calcium uptakeby voltage-activated channels, which allow aluminum to gain entry as a calcium mimetic. Aluminum then promotes calcium loss from bones, contributing to pineal gland calcification.
  3. Bringing melatonin back into the discussion, glyphosate interferes with what is known as the shikimate pathway. Although humans do not have the shikimate pathway, our gut flora do, and we depend on our gut flora to supply us with essential amino acids and many other things. Disruption of the shikimate pathway in our gut results in depletion of tryptophan, which is the sole precursor to melatonin. Besides needing melatonin to transport sulfate into the brain, we also need melatonin to reduce heavy metal toxicity. Where supplies of melatonin are adequate, melatonin will bind to aluminum, cadmium, copper, iron, and lead, and reduce their toxicity. Where melatonin is low, a lot of damage can result.

Roundup® is the number one herbicide in use in the US and, increasingly, around the world. Unfortunately, its use has increased further in lockstep with "Roundup-Ready" genetically engineered crops, including genetically modified (GM) mainstay crops such as soy and corn.

Taken together, the body of evidence elegantly assembled by Dr. Seneff supports her hypothesis that the epidemic levels of autism (and other diseases such as Alzheimer's disease) currently seen in the Western world are caused by a severe deficiency in sulfate supplies to the brain. Under optimal circumstances, the pineal gland can synthesize sulfate stimulated by sunlight and deliver it via melatonin sulfate to the brain. However, aluminum, mercury, and glyphosate are working synergistically to derail this process, and sunlight deficiency (exacerbated by the misguided use of sunscreens containing aluminum nanoparticles) is further contributing to the pathology.

Edited by rowingmom

Very timely breaking news to this discussion.

CDC Whistleblower on Thimerosal in Pregnant Women (video) - "I do think Thimerosal causes tics." View the video here.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2014/08/cdc-whistleblower-on-thimerosal-in-pregnant-women.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/046597_CDC_whistleblower_secret_letter_Julie_Gerberding.html

CDC whistleblower's secret letter to Gerberding released by Natural News as mainstream media desperately censors explosive story

Multiple articles on this story can be found here. Scroll down and go to page 2. It has the earlier headlines for this story.

I'd like to echo nicklemamma.....My kiddos fully vaxed.....but if I had to do it again....spacing...splitting MMR...no flu etc......My dd's are 11,10 and 8.5......there will be a battle for middle school vaccines coming up.

I will say I am not on the fence.....I have said before....vaccine induced ASD or PANDAS or PANS were not on my radar previous to 2010 and 2011. BUT when TWO docs....One ID and one PCP asked if our DD had adverse reaction to vaccines. It was at this point I started researching, reading and gathering enough info. The telling info was med records and the many calls in the day after and following to the Peds office complaining of unconsoled crying post 24month MMR. Seeing this in the med records 5 years later when PANDAS came up after the two docs had to ask us......I was livid.......and felt a sense of guilt.......That I did not do my homework.

While I think there is an obvious genetic link to ASD, one cannot dismiss the vaccine link. The rapid ramp up in the amount of vaccines recommended and the "correlation" to ASD I think is troubling at the very least.

I hear the "correlation does not equal causation" argument and the provax people say definitively that vaccines don't cause autism.....but they don't say what does. I think this is a telling dichotomy.....How can a person or persons say with 100% certainty that there is NO LINK but not even a little certainty what the cause might be......it is all unknown.....but suspected Genetics, environment etc......Last time I checked.....a jab in the arm with a needle would be considered an environmental exposure!!!!! I think it is all BS!!!

worrieddadnmom,

Your remark about the "battle," for middle school vaccines along with Cara615 (I should be locked up!) prompted me to head back into the vaccine trenches and I'm glad I did because there were some things that I certainly wasn't aware of.

worrieddadnmom, I would approach the battle in this manner...(it is the approach that I have had the most success with by FAR). Usually they can't get out of the room fast enough.

Questions to your physician

#1. Are you recommending the sixth combination of Tdap for my daughter because you think that pertussis is really a threat to her health or as an attempt to cocoon infants. My understanding is that pertussis outbreaks are occuring in communities with very high vaccine rates. If this vaccines is being given for her protection, how long would you expect this 6th vaccine in the series to afford any benefit to my daughter? Does it contain an adjuvant or preservative?

#2. I see that there are 14 vaccines available for the "flu," and that 6 of the 14 are available in multidose vials. Could you tell me if the one you use contains the preservative thimerosal and what your opinion is of injecting that into a child with know immuno/neurological sensitivities?

#3. I'm aware that the two vaccines for HPV are adjuvanted. One contains 225 mcg of aluminum (as amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate), the other something that I'm not very familiar with which is AS04. Could you comment on the difference between the two and which one you think may be safer for my daughter? I know there was some concern about a vaccine that was used in another country that contained ASO3 and it was pulled due to a higher incidence of narcolepsy. It may not have been the adjuvant causing the problem, but I'd really like to know the difference between ASO3 and ASO4 and what the studies have shown for safety demonstration when given along with the vaccines that you are recommending for my daughter today.

#4. I wasn't aware that one of Meningococcal vaccines contained thimerosal until recently. Does the one that your recommending contain that?

Thanks rowingmom for pulling up Shaw's stuff and nicklelmama did you see the recommendation on the schedule (in the footnotes) about vaccinating pregnant adolescence with the Tdap regardless of when the last one was given :o?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-schedule.pdf

http://www.immunize.org/packageinserts/pi_meningococcal.asp

you can click on any vaccine inserts using the 2nd link

We need EVERY parent to make their health care providers aware of these things and know that we EXPECT them to be able to answer these questions with some degree of knowledge!

The questions that I posted are only the tip of the iceberg, but they really help when you encounter and arrogant uneducated healthcare provider.

Edited by kim

I'm one that you could call "on the fence" Neither of my kids had any negative reactions to the standard vaccines - and my sons sudden onset was directly related to a well documented strep infection (impetigo) so while he was young at onset (19 months) there was no temporal relationship to vaccines at all. (We plotted a very detailed timeline of his onset that included vax info).

Now that we know they have PANDAS, we take each shot one by one, evaluating each of them on a case by case basis related to risk vs. benefit for OUR child. And THAT is the key thing that folks on both sides of the debate tend to lose sight of. What is right for one family is not necessarily right for another - there is no right or wrong in this debate, only what is right for your family.

As to the research, I'll be honest, we did a lot of homework before we had our first child looking at all of the studies available at the time, and I learned a very valuable lesson - truly unbiased research is a rarity. In addition to reading the studies and assessing their validity - it's just as important to look at the researchers - what other research are they doing? Who is funding their research? Where have they given lectures, etc...? What is their area of "expertise"?

We found a lot of disturbing information on both sides of the debate when we looked at that information. For example, our children were born before The Lancet retracted Wakefield's study and it was discredited, but when we read the study (media summaries of any research often adds bias and implies information that is not actually representative of the study itself) and researched who Wakefield was, we saw that among his other research activities in the past he was researching/patenting an alternative vaccine to the MMR. That didn't sit well with us - because it appeared that he had a financial interest in discrediting the MMR vaccine that was currently in use. So we didn't feel comfortable taking giving his study undue weight in our decisions (and at the time, it was still considered the best evidence out there.)

Another example is the CANS paper put out by Singer et al, they failed to disclose that their research is funded by the pharm companies that manufacture Tourette's drugs, so they had a vested interest in stating that those medications are appropriate for treatment of PANDAS like disorders. Again, a retraction had to be printed.

Both my husband and I are engineers, so scientific research isn't something that's too foreign to us. But one thing I have found, whether it's medical research, or something related to my field, there is always more to the specifics than what a head line implies. And while not ALL researchers have an agenda or financial incentive behind their results, but it's just as important to know who they are and what point of view they are coming from as it does impact how the data they publish is represented.