ACN Latitudes Forums

GMOs and Glyphosphate disable detoxification pathways

3bmom

3bmom, have you read the New York Times best selling book

'Grain Brain' by Dr. Perlmutter

"A provocative, eye-opening scientific account of how diet profoundly influences nerve health and brain function. Grain Brain explains how the American diet rich in gluten and inflammatory foods is linked to neurological conditions. Dr. Perlmutter outlines a blueprint for optimal health and a more resilient brain through proper nutrition and lifestyle. Grain Brain is a must-read!"--Gerard E. Mullin, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and author of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Great Digestive Health

Quite interesting! Along the same theory here- with Alzheimer's going the rate of 1 in 3 people by 2020, and 'ASD' currently 1 in 50...

When you talk about Autism and Alzheimer's rates with such dramatic increasess it reminds me of when I went hiking on the big Island's volcano and they have warnings for the fumes being toxic to small children and the elderly since they are the most vulnerable! I think we need to address the crisis as one in the same.

I need to read Dr. Perlmutter's book. I have heard it is very good. Have you read "wheat belly" by William Davis a cardiologist? He says the glia din protein has opiate-like effects probably like my DS and corn and dairy. He was on Dr. Oz and showed insulin spikes from whole wheat bread higher than a Hershey's candy bar!

Makes me wonder how it contributes to the gut and yeast. I have heard some Drs call Alzheimer's type 3 diabetes.

We need to return food to its original state. Beef was grass fed and full of omega 3's, think salmon, not inflammatory omega 6. Wheat had less gluten proteins and dairy cows grazed on grass and not fed antibiotics, synthetic hormones and GMO grains.

I have gotten out recipe books from my grandma and am trying to embrace the art of cooking...I would rather go to a restuarant