ACN Latitudes Forums

IGG pos for HHV6, Parvo, CMV, EBV

tpotter

There are not two different types of Epstein Barr virus. Those are different types of antibodies that show up at different times in the infection....used to determine past, current, initial or reactivated infection. (there are actually more of them) Being positive to Epstein barr virus occurs in almost the entire population at some point in time.

There are not two different types of Epstein Barr virus. Those are different types of antibodies that show up at different times in the infection....used to determine past, current, initial or reactivated infection. (there are actually more of them) Being positive to Epstein barr virus occurs in almost the entire population at some point in time.

Okay. Thank you for clarifying.

I agree, thank you for clarifying. Also, herpes virus is in virtually 100% of the population, but my understanding is that when you combine all these viruses together in an otherwise immune compromised individual, it's not a good thing. I was expecting maybe 1 or 2 positive tests, but not all of them. I'm waiting for the doc to call me back.

OMG...I just looked up parvovirus B-19, and it's fifth's disease (the one where the kids get very red cheeks...looks like they've been slapped). I got that in about 2002/2003, and it took about 1/2 a year to figure out what was wrong (I finally found a good doctor.) They kept thinking I had Lyme, but it wasn't getting better. My left ring finger got so swollen that I couldnt' wear my wedding ring for a year. l It can cause arthritis-like symptoms in adults, so when I see kids with it, I freak, because I didn't want to get it again. My 15 year old became sick about 1 year later!. Unfortunately, once their faces are red, they have already had the opportunity to spread the virus.

We pulled a viral panel on my dd, 3 solid months after her last IVIG, so her system was clear.

She had very high EBV, high CMV, and very high HHV-6 (we pulled all the herpe family virals, all the rest were clear, except this very high HHV-6)

In our particular case, it seemd our LLMD was concerned about the high HHV-6- and EBV.

To take some stress off the immune system, we started Famvir, 1 tablet a day.

Thank you. I'm going to bring it up to Dr. B. who we will be seeing on Thursday, anyway, and also to our LLMD. Plus the DAN doc who ran it should be calling me back (although I suspect he's going to appreciate the other 2 figuring out what to do.) Also, we happen to have a followup with our holistic chiropractor on Saturday, and I'll have him do some muscle testing to see what should work best.

My dd had negative IgM and IgG for EBV prior to IVIG; post IVIG she had high IgG for EBV, she's never had positive IgM for EBV. It is from the IVIG, search passive immunity and IVIG

Geez, we think the kids are bad with their alphabet soup!

My dd had negative IgM and IgG for EBV prior to IVIG; post IVIG she had high IgG for EBV, she's never had positive IgM for EBV. It is from the IVIG, search passive immunity and IVIG

Geez, we think the kids are bad with their alphabet soup!

** But doesn't IVIG 'wash out' of the body in 4 weeks, 6 weeks max?

That is what both our Dr.'s told me, and not to test her for anything until 2 months post IVIG.

I waited 3 months.

We also waited post ivig for running labs. Son came back positive for FL1953 (protozoa), Coxsackie B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. Parvovirus AB B19 (IGG positive), HHV6 (IGG very positive).

I wonder if this is why he has not improved as much as we would hope. Possibly he should be treated with anti-virals?

I agree, thank you for clarifying. Also, herpes virus is in virtually 100% of the population, but my understanding is that when you combine all these viruses together in an otherwise immune compromised individual, it's not a good thing. I was expecting maybe 1 or 2 positive tests, but not all of them. I'm waiting for the doc to call me back.

My dd was positive for HHV6 and due to symptoms, we decided to treat with valtrex. I think it helped clear the virus to help with her overall load. It was a worthwhile part of her healing process IMHO.

susan

I showed these results to both immunologist and to our holistic chiropractor. Immunologist said that having IgG means that they had they infections in the past, and that now they have immunity. I pointed out that it says that high IgG cannot always distinguish between active or past infection, but he insists it's not a problem.

I then showed the results to our holistic chiropractor, and he said that having the high IgG is not necessarily good, and he's not at all surprised that there were viruses. But, he then said: "What can we do about it anyway?'" I suggested valtrex or something like that, and he said that it's not something I would want to use (I did hear it can be pretty rough.) He said the better way would be to get their immune systems better so they could fight all these infections.

What do you guys think? I still have to followup with the LLMD. The IgM's, btw were perfectly normal. I still want to have myself tested, because I have been the canary in the past (with MycoP.)

We have had great success treating viruses. It was another layer of chronic issues that needed to be addressed for our family.

Since treating, I rarely suffer from fatigue. Fatigue was my last remaining obvious and persistent symptom. We also started treating for KPU and addressed Lymphatic drainage at the same time so it makes it difficult to determine exactly what has helped so much. My younger children made similar advances with odd symptoms like their rashes improving. My friend experienced similar... viral outbreak, flu like symptoms for 5 days and now doing tremendously better with treatment.

Some LLMDs believe viruses are like mold, KPU, etc. that can present hurdles slowing recovery or preventing full recovery.

We have had great success using the following anti-viral products: IMN-V by Beyond Balance, Engstol, Viragraphis, Lauricidin which also helped my yeast issue. We did use olive leaf extract 2000 m.g. at one point. Although we did notice a 10 day herx response from the olive leaf extract it did not fully treat our viral issues. When we started the Engstol/Viragraphis combo we had viral outbreaks between weeks 3 to 6 for all family members that consisted with mouth sores, little bumps on my thighs turning to sores, etc.

Hope that helps. Wendy