ACN Latitudes Forums

pea sized bumps

My son woke up yesterday with a red bump on his jawline. This morning, he woke up with 2 more large, pea sized red bumps on his face. He says that they do not itch or hurt. However, they are very noticeable. Last night we were outside and he did get some bites on his legs. These facial ones could also be bites, but they don't have a center and they seem pretty big. They probably are bites and I am going to watch them, but he is on a strong abx cocktail and I am wondering if this could be a side effect, or even some hidden Staph that is finally erupting outside now? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kath

My son woke up yesterday with a red bump on his jawline. This morning, he woke up with 2 more large, pea sized red bumps on his face. He says that they do not itch or hurt. However, they are very noticeable. Last night we were outside and he did get some bites on his legs. These facial ones could also be bites, but they don't have a center and they seem pretty big. They probably are bites and I am going to watch them, but he is on a strong abx cocktail and I am wondering if this could be a side effect, or even some hidden Staph that is finally erupting outside now? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kath

My only advice is... get it checked by the doctor. It does not seem like a mere rash from your description. If you can't get to the doc, at least call them and see what they say. And take pictures if you can.

Thank you. I am going to watch them as the mst obvious cause would be bug bites, I have just never seen them go after his face, and if they don't calm down in a couple of days I will bring him in. I thought that there may be a known cause of abx use but in the research online that I have done, I see nothing of that sort - only smaller bumpy rash....