ACN Latitudes Forums

I just want to throw one child through the window...2 would be a bonus

That is about the only thought that my brain is able to embrace right now. I have been a great mom. I have dealt with Sensory Issues, Insanely Highstrung behavior, Pandas, ODD, you name it. This is the short list. I have handled it. People look at me and say things like, "They are so lucky that they have you for a mom", "I don't know how you handle all of that".

I have spent the vast majority of the last 5 years educating myself on the internet, signing up my retarded husband up for parenting classes that reaped...NOTHING, putting together behavior mod programs, I have invested an enormous amount of time talking to: teachers, psychologists, principals, marriage counselors, doctors, camp counselors, babysitters, karate instructors, baseball coaches, family members, and neighbors whom I hate. I have read books, watched videos, listened to anybody whom I thought I could learn something from.

I know way too much about Strep, the brain, neurotransmitters, vitamins, probiotics, behavior mod programs. I mean, my best friends biggest dilemma with parenting is, "Luke said a swearword today". ugh.

And you know what???? Yes, I have been very lucky. I have reaped great results in the grand scheme.

But today....it was just one of those days. I can even admit that the crime that has apparently sent my psyche into the land of *&^*^**& tomorrow wont even look that bad.

But here we were, at the peds office. Now, I have spent the last 6 months sharing glourious emails with Dr. D about Just how well my Pandas Ds was doing. I was even excited about our appointment. While he did have a heads-up that his twin had just fallen off the cliff behavioural wise, I walked into his office calm, and excited for him to see first hand just how well life was..

OF COURSE...THE MINUTE DR. D WALKED INTO THE ROOM, NOT ONE BUT BOTH OF MY KIDS PROCEEDED TO ACT LIKE TOTAL AND COMPLETE NUTJOBS. THEY LOOKED LIKE A FLASHBACK FROM 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I KNEW NOTHING AND HAD NOTHING UNDER CONTROL. I WAS STUPTIFIED TO THE POINT THAT I DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO REACT!!! I MEAN, STUPTIFIED.

In the end, Dr. D was looking at me with pity and I wonder if he now seriously will second guess anything that I have to say in the future. Now, this truly may sound like it is all about ego, and I suppose some of it is. However, one thought led to another, and then one bad behavior led to another, and NOW BOTH KIDS HAVE BEEN BANISHED TO THEIR ROOMS FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT. I DONT WANT TO SEE THEM, TALK TO THEM, HEAR THEM. UGH

To their credit, even they know a crazy person when they see one. They are both in their rooms, quite....

In the end I am just tired. In my fantasy I wake up tomorrow and I have typical parenting dilemmas. In reality, I know that I will wake up tomorrow morning, take a deep breath, remember just how amazing my kids are.

but for the moment, I still would like to throw just one through the window....Just one?????

We have all been there! Had a thought. Before we were put on prophylactic antivirals and antibiotics my kids would react within an hour to someone else who was sick. This would calm down in about 24 hours if he didn't get sick. We found this to be very true when flying. Can't imagine how many germs in a Peds office!

• 1 month later...