ACN Latitudes Forums

Lyme Bands test that indicates Mycoplasma as a Coinfection

I have not received my Buhner Book on Lyme and coinfections yet through the mail. This question might be answered in there but I really need to know what band might specifically indicate mycoplasma infection from Lyme. I will be seeing the cardiologist tomorrow and want to approach him about running some more test. I am reading more on Lyme and its coinfections. I am wondering if my son's mycoplasma P antibody levels are from a tick bite or from the virus itself. There must be a way to tell the difference. Any help would be appreciated. I think these test can be run through IGNEX or Stoneybrook Labs.

Mycoplasma testing is done by having a Mycoplasma IgG and IgM titers ran. You can do this through any lab. The only differences in labs is whether or not they give a numeric value. Some will only give a positive or negative while others will give a numeric value. The numeric value is preferred so that you can follow and see the value rising or falling. I know that quest does numeric values as that is where we get ours through. Once we had ours through another lab that only gave us a positive. I think it was labcorp, but please don't hold me to that, It was a long time ago.

Dedee