ACN Latitudes Forums

Off to PANDAS

Hello,

I have been posting on the tics and tourettes board for some time now. We had great success with supplements, diet etc but still constantly have these flare ups of tics and mild ocd type behaviour. As I have posted in the past, my daughter has reoccurrent strep infections. I have always wondered if there was a connection. Our pediatrician does not believe in alternative approaches at all.

We see an integrative doctor as well who has been wonderful. Anyway - I went for our 3 month check up today. I was so anxious to see him for my daughter is in a major tic flare up. A debilitating series of tics. When I got in the office he looked concerned as he was looking at her blood work. Before I had a chance to say anything he said 'I think we are dealing with PANDAS. He has been following her strep titer for a year now and he said it has been rising and the differece between 3 months ago and this week - it has tripled! So we are taking a course of action with PANDAS to see if we can solve this. It was interesting to see such a chance in her bloodwork as well as such a chance in her tic behaviour at home. It seemed to really co-relate.

Thanks to everyone who suggested the PANDAS connection. I'll still be on this board too. But I will head over to PANDAS too and I am hoping to get some great information over there like I have here.

Have a nice weekend!

wishing you all the best and hoping for healing for your daughter.

I am relieved that you are going to pursue PANDAS treatment as everything you mentioned with the recurrent strep really points to that

Do stay in touch to let us know how things are going

:)