ACN Latitudes Forums

Holistic Treatments for PANDAS

I just found this website which you might find helpful.

http://www.pandasconnection.com/apps/videos/videos/show/12296049-out-of-the-fog-into-the-light-2-wmv

-Vicky

Does anyone know what her protocol was for her son? I would hope, after all these years, she has shared it with someone.

From the little I understand about homeopathy, the remedy can be very patient specific depending on the child's personality type, health history, current symptoms and behaviors. I'm currently working with a homeopathic friend of mine to treat my non-PANDAS son using his constitutional remedy. He also recently had strep throat and has had a difficult time controlling his temper through December and January. In trying to determine his constitutional type, I was amazed at how well certain constitution descriptions so accurately described his personality type, tendencies, health issues as a child (right down to his proneness to ring-worm on the scalp - which we battled for over 4 months when he was a toddler), and his likes and dislikes. It'll be interesting to see if we notice a change, but from what I understand it can take several months.

Vicky in NC

AMYJOY: May I ask? I am also in CA with Kaiser insurance. My DAN! told me he worked with a SO. CA Kaiser Dr. who was able to approve IVIG- and I have heard of 1 IVIG being done at a Kaiser hospital in Walnut Creek.

I am waiting for my CAM test to come back, and then go make my case to Kaiser.

Any tips for me? I'm very sorry to hear you did not get help from them- tho, not surprised. :-(

Glad to hear your son is doing well!

Sarah &

Samantha 5

Hi SARAH

I wish i did have some tips. We went through pediatrics, peds neuro, rheumatology and immunology and they all said sorry we do not believe that exists we do not treat that. the last words his pediatrician said to me were "there is nothing we can do to help your son".

So now hearing that one child has been treated with ivig in walnut creek, that really is great and it totally pisses me off. But i have since gotten my son out of kaiser and onto anthem blue cross, which we're working with re: ivig, but at least they pay for all the testing we need to do.

Good luck, you'll be sending the rest of us tips.

amy

Hi Amy, thanks for replying--

I don't know personally who had the IVIG in Walnut Creek, I read it somewhere. My DAN in So. CA. said he consulted with a So. CA Kaiser Dr., and was able to get an IVIG approved through Kaiser.

Believe me, I have no blinders on when it comes to them, and in fact, have been told the exact same thing as you 2 years ago when I went to them for Sensory Processing Disorder for my dd5:

'We can't help your daughter, we don't believe in this.'

I am waiting for my CAM results, but based on her fitting PANDAS description to a 'T', (our DAN has clinically dx'd her with it) and what we've seen this last month on daily Azith., and ibuprofen (amazing gains in social anxiety, much shorter durations of rage/tourette type episodes) well...I think she does/will need an IVIG- this has been going on a long time.

I am going to call Coram center close to me, try to get a pricing idea, and actually might apply to the Yale study--

Thank you again, and I am thrilled you son is doing well :-)

Sarah &

Samantha 5