ACN Latitudes Forums

"sniff" tic or real nose issue?

How do I determine if it is a sniffing tic????? My son is sniffling a lot lately (so am I), but he never needs a tissue. When I ask about it, he says he has something in his nose. He never wants a tissue. It is so frustrating!!! The only "vocal" tic he has had was a huffing noise out of his nose....this one is different. Has anyone had one similar to this?

Oh yes, my daughter has had the sniffing tic. She would sniff many times a minute, often in little "patterns".... sniff-sniff-sniff... sniff-sniff-sniff... Well, honestly, it felt better at the time to hear that rather than the throat clearing tic that had been fairly severe for a time. And now, I never fully know if the few sniffs here and there are remnants of the tic, or just normal sniffing like so many people do.

Calicat

How do I determine if it is a sniffing tic????? My son is sniffling a lot lately (so am I), but he never needs a tissue. When I ask about it, he says he has something in his nose. He never wants a tissue. It is so frustrating!!! The only "vocal" tic he has had was a huffing noise out of his nose....this one is different. Has anyone had one similar to this?

My son does this as well. I'm just not sure if it's a tic or a cold. Luckily it's not too bothersome. As soon as he does something several times, I jump the gun and think it's a tic. I think I need to get a hold of myself before I loose it.

Where would a sniffing tic fit in the facial/vocal tic catergories? I have read that TS has to have a vocal tic present. I have only had a huffing out tic. The sniiffing is new. I am coming up on 7 months of tics. Funny how I say "I".....I actually mean MY SON!!!! Hmmmmm, as I obsessed with this or what????

Where would a sniffing tic fit in the facial/vocal tic catergories? I have read that TS has to have a vocal tic present. I have only had a huffing out tic. The sniiffing is new. I am coming up on 7 months of tics. Funny how I say "I".....I actually mean MY SON!!!! Hmmmmm, as I obsessed with this or what????

I'm the same way. I always say "I" or "we". I KNOW I'm obsessed!

My son sucks on his shirts until they are soaked completely down the front, he is also now developed a open/stretching his mouth. He started off 2 years ago with a verbal tic [ excuse me] and a clearing throat tic .. both were gone almost immediately after first round of Antiobiotics ... he also had one where he would adjust his pants - that took longer to go but it is gone.

I think we have to watch carefully and monitor them because at any given time I believe the tic can reappear in another form.