ACN Latitudes Forums

Chelation Update

Thanks so much Andy. I appreciate your wisdom and experience.

Thanks again,

Lisa

Thank you for the thank you but forget the wisdom it is from 5 years of experience with the last 2 being the most successful.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolyn, Andy & Lisa

Thanks for the responses.

Carolyn, I have always been curious as to why a magnesium deficiency would be a hard thing to prove, and this is what Bonnie's hypothesis is based on. Her vitamins have been a God send for us, but as you may be able to tell, things have to "make sense" to me. I have a friend that I worked with for years, who said "you're the one to always get to the bottom of things." I think I bit off a little more than I can chew, this time though!

Andy,

My oldest son that eats everything, has no real signs of gut problems other than the elevated IgG for the grains, had a higher ammonia level than my younger son. It's a puzzle to me too. If you run across any info. on this, I sure would love to hear it.

Lisa,

You may find reading these lists helpful.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Autis...yguid=145220130

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chelatingkids2/

I was looking at a book today called A cure for All Diseases by Dr. Hulda Clark which was suggested to me. As I was looking through it, it said dental floss and tooth picks both contain mercury in them. Anyone ever heard of this before? I hadn't ever read this before seeing it in this book and just wondered if they really do contain mercury.

Carolyn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I had a phone consultation with my doctor today and thought I'd give you the updates. There's not much that is new. My CBC and CMP were good. As far as the RBC I was low in calcium, but we're just going to leave it and see if it gets back up to normal levels as that's what my iron level did without taking extra iron. We don't know how I'm getting the high levels of selenium. He wants a urine test next time instead of RBC and we'll do the RBC in about 6 months instead of 3 months. I may do a challenge test with the urine test (haven't decided yet). I was hoping to hear about the black specs, but he had that info in another file. He's supposed to call me back about those. He said they did have them analyzed though. I'm hoping he'll get back to me soon on those. I'll update when I know more on the specs or have any other updates. I'm still continuing to see slow, but steady progress.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

So glad to hear "slow and steady," progress.

From what I remember, selenium is supplemented sometimes for detox purposes, but high amounts already present aren't good? Don't know if I have that right or not.

Too bad he didn't have the specs results. So curious on that one. Most people just assume, yeast or bacterial die off. Will be interesting!

Kim

Kim,

Yes, selenium is supposed to help you detox. What I don't understand is why the dmps chelates everything except selenium. I've seen others who also have terribly high selenium on the chelating kids board and no one knows what gets rid of selenium. I drink bottle water so I don't get it from my water. As far as food sources I wouldn't think that would be it because everyone else eats food here too.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/selenium.asp

Plant foods are the major dietary sources of selenium in most countries throughout the world. The content of selenium in food depends on the selenium content of the soil where plants are grown or animals are raised. For example, researchers know that soils in the high plains of northern Nebraska and the Dakotas have very high levels of selenium. People living in those regions generally have the highest selenium intakes in the United States (U.S.)

The Alt. Dr. I took the boys to said people in our area were usually high in aresnic.

I have read where some people will give their child 1 or 2 brazil nuts as a source of selenium.

Kim

• 1 month later...

Chelation Update:

There's nothing new to update on really. I've faxed a request along with called to remind my doctor in Missourri to send me the results of the black specs. Still he hasn't done that. I really want to know what they are because there are more right now and their larger than before. As I posted before the last time I had a phone consultation with him and he said he would have the lab send the kits and he would send a script for the CBC and CMP for the every 3 months testing which is due at the beginning of May. I included a reminder for this; he still hasn't had them sent. I've called and the secretary told me that she checked, and the doctor said I really need to come in for a followup and get the kits. I really don't understand what the problem is because if I would have gone in to his office instead of a phone consultation last time, he would have sent the kits and the script along with me to do in 3 months from the last testing date. There's no way I'm driving down there without anything new (lab results) to discuss.

Andy-does your doctor stay on top of labs or do you always travel for appts. instead of a phone consultation?

Carolyn

Do you think maybe my chelation doctor didn't even have the specs analyzed like he said he would? I wonder why the results wouldn't be placed in my file. I'm almost tempted to order a toxic metals fecal test through direct labs. These specs are really strange and not to mention their size and metallic look.

I'm not for sure if when people say their's were yeast, if they looked anything like these or not. I just find it odd for mine to be yeast related because I've never had anything like them until I started chelating.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I would think that your Dr. would be as anxious to see what these things are as you are (me too).

I have read several posts about specs, but have never run across anyone who posted a picture. Maybe call the office back and ask them where they were sent, and get someone MOVING on it!

I was going to suggest that you post this on labdiscussions, but I see that they haven't had any new posts in 7 days. There are some really good people that pop up there. Mark, from Carbon base, J. McCandless, etc. but not really a very active forum.

I did a search on the AM board and saw 11 posts, and one of them were yours. I scanned them, didn't look like any info, you don't already know. Just speculation.

I would definitley push your Dr. on this.

If you don't get any answers, I would be happy to send an email to Dr. Shaw with your picture attached (if I can figure out how to send an attachment.) I could tell him what a huge asset you are to the TS community! People get some unexpected help in these area's occasionally, and it sure seems having these analysed, could be important.

You could send a copy to Dana, she has at least seen the specs with one of her kids I believe.

I remember how frustrating it was, just waiting for the results from metametrix. After weeks, I called and they said, nooo, n o t b a c k yet (yawn), I got a little insistent. Had the results faxed to me by that afternoon, and the completion date on the test was like 3 days from when the sample went in.

Kim

I called the office back and the secretary said she checked with the nurse and they did order the kits and I should be getting them anytime. I checked with the labs and they haven't received any orders from the doctor for me. The way I understood it was the lab would send me the kits, but maybe the doctor's office is sending me the kits. I'll give it a few days and see if I get anything. I also asked about the specs. Now I get told from the secretary, that the doctor hasn't sent them in to be analyzed yet. Grrr, that is irrirating because the doctor told me he did, but he didn't have results with him when I talked to him on the phone.

On Biochat last night I got a chance to have Rick (Dr. Neubrander's brother) ask his brother, Dr. Neubrander about the pic of the specs. Dr. Neubrander said that he has seen them with some autistic children. He said parents think its yeast, but the labs don't show that its yeast. It's something that doctors don't even know what it is. Dr. Neubrander said there is testing you can have done on them to see what they are, but its very expensive and he's never asked anyone to get it done before even though he's very curious and would love to know what they are. I asked him how much we're talking for the tests and he said about $400. He said the tests you would need to have done on them are: mass spec which is where they vaporize the substance and from light absorption can determine the chemical makeup and the the ion profile which shows metals

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I had thought of Dr. Neubrander because he donates so much time, like with biochat.

It doesn't surprise me that he said he would love to know what they were. It seems like it has the potential to be really important. If not an unknown WOW, at least important for your personal treatment.

The Dr. that I took the boys to, had the Great Smokies test kits there in the office, so maybe that is what's going on, the office just didn't send them out. Sounds like someone is dropping the ball with you.

I had no idea there had been another biochat. Hilary has not been on ASD solutions much though either, that I have seen. Guess I would have to start checking Dr. Neubranders site to find out about them.

Kim

Kim,

I think I'm just going to have to assume it's some type of metal being excreted from doing chelation of heavy metals. I know their odd and they look like metals. I wonder how long I will continue to have these eliminated. You would think they'd be about done, but maybe not.

Last night there wasn't any special speaker on biochat. Usually in the evenings on the weekdays people like Hilary, Rick, and others get on and chat. That's all it was last night and Rick asked Dr. Neubrander for me. Though you may want to know that Dr. Neubrander will be speaking on there, May 1st at 9 PM EST

Carolyn

Thanks, I would love to listen to Dr. Neubrander on the first.

If you're excreting metals in that size and frequency Carolyn, it just seems like it needs to be shouted from roof tops.

I so hope you can find a way to have them tested. I would think that someone on the research end of this would PAY YOU to get ahold of those specs. If you say it's metals, I sure believe it.

Dealing with the Dr.s, your treatments, going to school, Washington and all, just want to say I think you are one extraoridinary young woman. Thanks for your updates.

Kim

Your welcome. If you could I'd love for you to email Dr. Shaw and see what he says. If you need me to I can send the pic to your email (I'm not for sure if you can save the pic from the link or not). I would love to find some way to have them analyzed. I'd almost stop by Great Plains Lab when I'm up there, but I don't know that I'd even get to see Dr. Shaw to ask him about the specs. Thanks for the compliment.

Carolyn