ACN Latitudes Forums

Need advices regarding detox

First of all, thank you all for advices regarding draw blood issue I post a couple of days ago. Those advices came to me at the right time. I was so down that day because my daughter's pediatrician did not order the tests for my daughter and also kept saying it is impossible that the diet is related the tics. I have never been so angry with a doctor, he certainly is the first one hopefully is the last one too.

Anyway, let's say if after the tests, I find out my daughter is allergic to some foods, while I put her on certain diet, should I also do something to detox those heavy meatal and addictive from her body? For myself, every once while I will do fast and juice diet to detox, but what is the safe way to detox children? I searched on the internet saw something like clay bath, detox foot patches, has anyone tried that yet? I understood we should not do something without asking the doctors first, but just want to find out if it is neccessary for TS children to detox, besides healthy diet and supplement. Thanks.

Hi firm believer,

For tics I personally think heavy metal detoxing should be one of the last things done. I do feel that in many, heavy metals are an issue, but vitamin levels need to be in balance first. I've been doing heavy metal detox using a prescription chelation agent called DMPS. I'm so glad I went with this choice, but I had been doing vitamins for about eight years, allergy treatments for a year, etc. Heavy metal detoxing has helped greatly with the sensory processing issues (especially oral hypersensitivity in my case), but I've got to say I don't think it's made a difference in my tics at this point. Maybe that difference is still to come as I'm still very toxic, and I have noticed at times when detoxing increased tics (normally after I complete each detox round). The benefits with the improvements of oral hypersensitivity has made it possible to avoid allergy foods since I have more foods in my diet which in return makes a big difference on tics.

About my whole first ten months of detoxing were horrible. At times I felt very sick with achy legs, moodiness, headaches, ear infections, etc. After about ten months things gradually started getting better. It was a very long ten months, but very well worth it. I have a threat that I've updated along the way which can be found here: http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1489

So I personally think the best way to start is by a healthy diet, supplements, and looking for other tic triggers.

Carolyn

firmbeliever

a simple way to begin the detox process is to give Epsom Salts baths (2 cups epsom salts in a tub of warm water) and also CHLORELLA, a plant supplement that is very good at mopping up heavy metals from the body. Another excellent detoxifier is the Peruvian herbal UNA DE GATO, which has the additional advantage of also boosting the immune system

I agree with carolyn re the heavy detox with things like chelation etc as being something to consider after you have been thru all other phases of cleansing and healing the system

Conventional doctors freqently are sceptical about the role of diet, nutrition, allergies, environment etc

Best to try to find an Integrative or DAN docotr. or a D.O rather than an MD as they are far more holistically trained

once you start seeing the benefits, you can report back to this pediatrician who will hopefully open their mind some!