ACN Latitudes Forums

Happy moment

mar

I posted recently that dd has not worn jeans in over a year. Well my typical " it would be a lot easier to pick out an outfit if you could wear a pair of jeans". I went throught this with ds for over a year when he was 7-8. So seeing this in her broke my heart. She didn't like the felling and would just sit in front of her closet and cry. We did leggings and skirts for over a year. During this time I would have her pick her own clothes. I would mention the jeans issue every one in awhile. I knew ds got past it and was praying that she would. So Sunday morning I mentioned jeggings and she actually wore them. At the end of the day she said they didn't bother her and was happy. Monday morning I ask her to go get dressed and she comes out with a pair of jeans on and asking if they are floods. I was so amazed!! They were close to floods but i didn't care and she went to school. I worried on how she would feel during school but I think it went ok! Seeing the look on her face that night telling me that she did it and it didnt bother her was awesome! I know this may sound silly but my dd wore jeans!!!!

I posted recently that dd has not worn jeans in over a year. Well my typical " it would be a lot easier to pick out an outfit if you could wear a pair of jeans". I went throught this with ds for over a year when he was 7-8. So seeing this in her broke my heart. She didn't like the felling and would just sit in front of her closet and cry. We did leggings and skirts for over a year. During this time I would have her pick her own clothes. I would mention the jeans issue every one in awhile. I knew ds got past it and was praying that she would. So Sunday morning I mentioned jeggings and she actually wore them. At the end of the day she said they didn't bother her and was happy. Monday morning I ask her to go get dressed and she comes out with a pair of jeans on and asking if they are floods. I was so amazed!! They were close to floods but i didn't care and she went to school. I worried on how she would feel during school but I think it went ok! Seeing the look on her face that night telling me that she did it and it didnt bother her was awesome! I know this may sound silly but my dd wore jeans!!!!

That is great!!!!! I remember when my son all of a sudden would not let anyone see his chest when he would swim. There would be no swimming without a swim shirt. We also went through the foot covered thing too . His feet were never bare unless immediate family was only in the house (don't ask). It broke our hearts. Then after he took prednisone for a few days he decided on his own that it was okay to be w/out a swim shirt. It was crazy, but I can't remember the last time I was so happy. Hurray for you and your son!!!!